08 June 2011

Trip to the Coast

I had a day off, and I went to the coast with the family I am staying with. The kids didn't have school either. They had a four-day weekend for Memorial Day. So, we headed to the coast. I am so grateful I have a tour guide and company for the trip.

First we went to the sea lion caves. Apparently it is one of the largest sea cave in the US. It is where a bunch of sea lions come during the winter and to have their young and what not. It was cool to see the sea lions, and I particularly liked the view from an upper crack where we could see the Heceta Head Lighthouse.




Next we actually went to the Heceta Head Lighthouse. To get there we had to take a short little hike. It was quite beautiful. The lighthouse itself wasn't that pretty, but it was still interesting to go inside and hear about the history.





After the lighthouse we grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to the beach! We had to climb up a big sand dune, and then the view just opened up to us. I was very excited to see the coast, since I have heard so many Oregonians rant and rave about it. Well, it lived up to everyone's boasting.









We rounded the day off by going and seeing the new Pirates movie. Overall, it was an awesome day.

I am sorry I included so many pictures, but they are just a lot better than words.

1 comment:

sunnysnows said...

Gorgeous! I love sea lions. :)