
I have once again realized the beauty of the Harold B. Lee Library. My home away from home away from home really does have appeal. I find the chairs incredibly comfortable, and I can find places to study where no one could ever find me. In case having no cell phone reception isn't enough, I can hide away in some carrel in the corner of the fifth floor or a table on the first floor. I am always so surprised when I come back to the library how enticing it really is. You would think by now I would recognize its worth and embrace the motivation I get once I step inside. Not to mention the smell of the books. I have always been a sucker for the smell of the books, either in the library or a bookstore. Even though I might not even look at any library books while inside, the fact that they are there is enchanting. So, while my home is where my family is, followed by where my food and clothes and bed are, the place where I study and probably do the best thinking is my third home. My hide-away from the world. The library.

1 comment:
:) I love this post. That library is beautiful. The carrels on the fourth and fifth floors were my favorite. :)
Post a Comment